Have you ever found yourself looking wistfully from the confines of your car and longing for the wind on your face? Barrelling down country roads, released from the tethers of smartphones and chatty passengers.
Experience the freedom of a motorcycle. Ride through the streets of Brisbane, cruise through the Sunshine Coast Hinterland or go off-road on the trail bike circuit. AAA Finance and Insurance can make this a reality, with low-cost motorbike finance tailored to you.
What kinds of motorbikes are covered?
We can finance all types of motorbikes, including:
- Road, trail and dirt motorbikes
- New or used motorbikes
- Motorbikes bought privately or from a dealer
What types of motorcycle finance can I get?
A secured motorcycle loan is also known as a consumer bike loan, our most popular type of motorbike finance. A motorcycle personal loan is also known as an unsecured personal motorbike loan. This type of loan is mainly used for purchasing older motorbikes.
What are the interest rates like?
With access to 23 lenders we have a wealth of motorcycle loan options. These include Yamaha Motor Finance, ANZ, Esanda, GE Automotive, RACV and Automotive Financial Services. We match the best lender with your individual financial circumstances. This ensures that you get the lowest interest rate and the best motorbike finance package available.
Whether your bike is for commuting around town, cruising open roads or tearing up the off-road, you’ll enjoy riding it more knowing that it is insured. AAA Finance and Insurance has a range of motorcycle insurance packages to protect your motorbike, credit rating and bike loan. From comprehensive bike insurance to consumer credit insurance, AAA has you covered.
Motorbike finance calculator
Our motorcycle finance calculator can help you figure out your fortnightly or monthly finance repayments. All you need is:
- The amount of finance you require, less any deposit. You can include other expenses, such as insurance and accessories in the loan amount.
- An estimate of your interest rate. This is determined by your profile and prior credit history.
- Finance term in years.
Tips for buying a used motorbike
A test ride can convey valuable information about a used motorbike, but before you go for a spin here are some ways to ensure you don’t fall into some of the common pitfalls of the second-hand market.
- Don’t even consider motorbikes with any sort of frame damage. This can include dents, weld tears, kinks or fractures. The smallest crack or hairline fracture can not only qualify the bike for the scrap yard, it poses a serious safety hazard.
- Check the chain and sprockets. The chain should be nice and tight with a little flex, while being free of rust. The sprocket teeth should all be even with the tips not overly rounded.
- Study the battery leads for any sign of corrosion. These are normally found under the seat, so feel free to remove it in your inspection.
- Examine the tyres. Just like a car, the tread shouldn’t be below the wear indicators.
- Test the suspension. Simply sit on the bike and push down on the front forks. They should compress firmly, before recoiling back to the top. Do the same with the rear shocks, before checking for any oil leakage.
- Make sure the VIN, engine and registration numbers match those on the paperwork.
- Negotiate. Most used motorbike sellers are prepared to accept less than the advertised price. If you find any of the above faults, use them as your arguing points.
These tips are courtesy of the Australian Road Rider.
How do you apply for motorbike finance?
We offer a quick and easy finance application process to help get you on the road fast – most motorbike finance is approved within 24 hours.
If you would like to make an enquiry, simply fill out the Quick Loan Enquiry form to the right of this page and we’ll get back to you with a quote as soon as possible.
Ready to apply for a motorcycle loan? Simply contact one of our AAA Motorbike Finance Specialists today. Call (07) 5493 1222 to apply over the phone – it only takes 5 minutes.
Alternatively, you can apply for a pre-approved bike loan, which will give you more negotiation power for your new purchase.
Yamaha Motorbike Dealers
With a large selection of Yamaha products and accessories in stock both Bay City Moto located in Hervey Bay and Rockhampton City Moto can cater to all of your Yamaha needs. As one of Queensland’s most reputable dealers they can organise your bike and your finance. Call Darren today on 0418 114 554 to get a great deal on a new or used bike and of course quick and easy finance and insurance solutions.
*The Comparison Rate is calculated on a Secured Loan of $30,000 fixed for a term of 5 years, effective 12/06/2015 and subject to change. WARNING: The Comparison Rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts may result in a different comparison rate.